Prior to the end of the financial year and passing information to the Accountant, we recommend a System Audit is carried out. This should be done in addition to the the Recommended Month End Procedures.
This will ensure your data is up to date and tidy.
- Run the Customer Aged Trial Balance report, paying attention to invoices that are Three Months overdue. Write off any bad debts that will not be recovered.
Invoices / Quotes
- Review all pending invoices and post as necessary. Any that cannot be posted should be investigated and resolved.
- Check products and write off any that have not sold in the last few years. see Obsolete Stock for how to sell these products.
- Stocktake particularly Serial tracked products
- Invoice out all jobs and check those that remain.
Call Support or your Partner if you are unsure how to resolve any of these transactions.
- Check the Undeposited Banking report and resolve any entries that are not able to be deposited i.e. process cashbook entries as appropriate to cancel, delete or reverse the outstanding transactions.
- Check the Unexported Direct Credit report and and resolve any entries that are not outstanding i.e process cashbook or supplier entries as appropriate, to cancel, delete or reverse the outstanding values.
- In the Bank reconciliation, investigate and resolve with any transactions listed that do not relate to the current bank reconciliation, eg Payment reversals
- All back reconciliation's are closed off as at last day of financial year and lockout dates set so no transactions can be entered to the bank accounts after final bank rec done.
- Check all New Fixed Assets purchases during the financial year have been entered
- System Verification report and repair variances. Keeping your system in balance will prevent the Accountant having to identify the reason areas are out of balance and having to do journals.