When creating a Customer Invoice the following rules (Hierarchy) are used to determine which G/L Sales code the Product/Service is coded to:
If an item is coded straight to a General Ledger code (ie in the Code column) of the Invoice the Sale will go against this G/L code
If a Product is being sold, the following priorities are used in choosing which Sales G/L code the sale will go to:
1) Infusion will firstly look to see if the Product on the Invoice has come from a Job. If there is a Department set against the Product within the Job the sale will be coded to the Sales G/L code for the Job Department (setup in Admin / Settings / Manage Job Departments).
2) Infusion will then look to the Location the Invoice is set against (at the bottom of the Invoice screen) and see if there is a Sales G/L code against this Location for this Product (in Products / Manage Products / Modify / Locations).
3) The next option is the Sales G/L code for the Location the Invoice is against (setup in Admin / Settings / Products / Manage Locations).
4a) For Rental Hire invoices where the General Ledger Sales Code defaults are looked at (Set up in Admin / Settings / Rental Hire / Manage Rental Hire / Hire Group)
4) The G/L codes set against the Product Group Locations are then looked at (setup in Admin / Settings / Products / Manage Product Groups - Locations Tab).
5) The Product’s Sales Group G/L code is next (Setup in Admin / Settings / Products / Manage Product Groups).
6) The Default Sales G/L code setup in the Financial Control Link is used if there are no other options (Admin / Defaults / Manage Financial Defaults).
So if there is no Sales G/L code field entered against a Department in step 1) the software will look to 2), and again if there is no Sales G/L code against the Location for the product it will move onto 3), and so forth.
NB: The G/L codes against the Product Groups are used only when setting up Products.
See here for the tables that store the above GL Codes