While the system is date driven and there is no monthly close off or batch processing, there are a number recommended housekeeping functions that should be performed at the end of each month.
Tip Create a folder inside your Infusion folder called Month End reports. Inside this folder create a separate folder for each of the months for the year April, May etc. Save each of the reports created at month end as a PDF to this folder.
At The End Of Each Month
- Under Admin / System Reports run the Check for Partially Posted Invoices for the month. If any appear here, contact Support or your Partner. NB not all invoices on here require repair but please check.
- Run the Customers / Reports / Customers Unallocated Payments report and match any Credits and Payments with the unpaid Invoices.
- Run the Pending Invoices report to the end of the current month. Have all invoices been posted that should be?
- Run the Duplicated Customers report and fix accounts where required.
- Run the Sales Analysis by Date Range report
- Update the Statement Message if necessary
- Run the Customer Verification report – You will be prompted to include the G/L Balance. This should always be done, as it will confirm that the Customer data file balances with the General Ledger File.
- Run the Customers Aged Trial Balance report
- Run the Customer Transactions by Type report
- Run the Purchase Orders / Reports / Un-invoiced Received Orders A Journal may need to be processed to accurately account for the cost of Goods Sold for un-invoiced Received Orders.
- Run the Purchase Orders / Reports / Purchase Orders Receipt /Invoice Date Check Have products been received in One Month, with the Invoice dated in the previous month.
- Goods dispatched by your Supplier on the 28th of the month may not arrive in store until the following month. However, the Supplier invoice will be dated the 28th
- When the goods are received, they should be received at the same date the invoice was created, the 28th
- Run the Suppliers / Reports / Suppliers Aged Trial Balance report
- Run the Suppliers Verification report - You will be prompted to include the G/L Balance. This should always be done, as it will confirm that the Supplier data file balances with the General Ledger File.
- Run the Supplier Transactions by Type Report
- Complete rolling Stocktakes and print Stocktake Audit trail report
- Review the Product Status report
- Run the Product Valuation Detail by Group and tick flag to identify any Products with negative on hand quantities
- Make any Products Inactive if required
- Run the Update Stock Value to G\L after Supplier Invoices have all been received
- Run Product Transactions by Type report
- Run Product Movement report
- Run the Kitset Buildup - With Prices report
- Recalculate the Kitset Cost Prices and Sell prices if necessary
Cashbook / Financials
- Run the required Profit and Loss report(s)
- Run a Balance Sheet report
- Run a Trial Balance report
- Run a Cash flow Forecast report
Jobs – Service Workshop
- Review the Work In Progress Detail Has all the work been charged out?
- Review the Staff Timesheet Analysis report for the month
- Review the Job Summary report with the Include completed ticked. This will show any Products not invoiced on Jobs.
- Backup and Reindex your data files on a regular basis
- Restore the backup to an offsite computer and check it works
- Run the System Verification report
- Review the Audit Trail for deletions and changes to system settings.
- Re-set the Lockout Dates