The CPF allows a Central System to push out product updates to branches via a Central Infusion server.
The Central Price File will include products which are:
- Active; and
- Included in the selection range by the Central System; and
- Not individually excluded by the Central System
The Branch system can edit products, but they will still be overwritten on the next download of the CPF.
The Central System must grant, and the Branch System must accept access to the CPF.
See Central Product File for setup instructions.
The Branch system does not require any update to their license.
To regularly check for updates, the Branch server must have installed and running the latest IBSSERVICE. Contact Infusion Support to have this installed.
Linking to a CPF
Admin / Defaults / Product Defaults / CPF
Click Connect and enter the System ID of the Central System. (The Central System must have granted you access in their system first.)
Setup CPF Downloads
- Connect / Disconnect - Either change or disconnect the Central CPF
- Check for updates – If you are running IBSSERVICE, the service will check for an updated CPF, daily between the times noted. It is recommended that this update is run overnight when users are not logged in. Infusion does not need to be open to allow the CPF update to run.
- Don’t update – tick to exclude the CPF updating either Description or any of the Cost fields.
- Send Notification To- A notification of the update will be sent to the noted email address including notification of new Types, Groups and Sub Groups.
- Check for Updates – This will check for and update the product file from the CPF without waiting for the IBSSERVICE to complete the check.
Products included in the CPF are notified to the users with a red notification at the top of the Modify Products Screen. This indicates to the user that, while the product can be edited, it will be overwritten by the next update.
The CPF will populate the latest and average costs on the branch for new products only.
Changes to the Latest or Average cost in the Central System will not update the Branch’s latest or average costs for existing products. But importing these prices into the branch would potentially re-value the branch system’s inventory.
Changes to product costs should be managed by linking suppliers. (see below).
Adding the Suppliers Cost will update the Supplier tab on the Product.
Suppliers can be linked to the Central System’s Supplier Account number using the link in the Terms tab of the Modify Supplier screen.
This allows the Supplier’s details per product to be updated including Code, Lead Time, Units, and, if selected, cost price.
The following details which data you can expect to be updated and included in the CPF transfer.
Green = Transferred
Blue = Provisional
Red = Not Included
Data Transferred Listed by Modify Product Tab:
Location Data (Min/Max, Bin Locations, Last Stocktake, GL Settings) is not included or updated.
Custom Field Data is updated and included.
Custom Field Names are not updated or included.
Public and Prompt Notes are updated and included.
Internal Notes are not updated or included.
Web Notes and Website Settings, Categories, Tags, and Additional Information are not updated or included.
Images and Documents are not updated or included
Kitsets are updated and included.
Alternatives and Compatibility records are not updated or included.
Checking Updates & Settings
You can find CPF details including the last date and time your system has been updated in Help / About Infusion
Disconnecting From the Central Product File
To disconnect your system from the Central Product File updates, go to Admin / Defaults / Product Defaults / CPF and click Disconnect. This will remove the Central Product File notification on each product and downloads will no longer occur.