The Central Product File (CPF) allows a Central System to push out product updates to branches via a Central Infusion server.
The CPF will include products which are:
- Active; and
- Included in the selection range by the Central System; and
- Not individually excluded by the Central System
The Branch system can edit products, but they will still be overwritten on the next download of the CPF.
The Central System must grant, and the Branch System must accept access to the CPF.
The Central Licensee must apply for an update to their Infusion License.
- Admin / Other / Enter License Information
- Click I Agree
- Tick Additional Modules and Services and note “CPF”.
Once the new license is received, Enter License Information with the CPF option ticked under Additional Modules, Enter the new license number and Save.
Set up CPF
Go to Admin / Settings / Products / Manage CPF
The Central System can:
- Include selected Price Levels; and / or
- Exclude selected Product Types, Groups or Sub Groups; and
- Grant access or remove access to Infusion Systems using their System ID; and
- Select the Cost prices to be sent
- Verify Kitsets – The CPF settings will not save if there is a Kitset included whose component is excluded. These Kitset Components must be included in the CPF Selection range.
Products can be excluded by Type, Group or Subgroup but also individually by ticking “Exclude from Central Products File” on the Settings Tab of the Modify Products Screen.
Note: If the Product is a component of a Kitset that is included in the CPF, this must be unticked.
Upload the CPF
Once the setup is completed, the Central System can upload a new CPF at any time. This file will wait on the Infusion Server until the Branch Systems have downloaded it, or a new file is uploaded.
Products / Utilities / Upload CPF
The upload process will complete Kitset Checks to ensure all components are still included in the file since the selection range was saved and the process will abort if the verification fails.
Disconnecting a Branch from the Central Product File Updates
To remove access for an Infusion System, go to Admin / Settings / Products / Manage CPF. Select the System ID and select Delete. The deleted system will no longer have access to the Central Product File updates.
See Central Product File - Branch for the operation on each branch.