These instructions are for the Installation of Infusion Software and are designed to give an oversight into upgrading an existing installation on a standalone workstation, peer to peer network or LAN.
Please read to the end before the installation.
Prior to the Installation
- To install Infusion software firstly download and save the required version from our Software Updates page on our Website
- We recommend that it is saved in the Infusion Folder in a sub folder called INFPROGS
- If upgrading from version 6 or lower please contact Infusion for Assistance as incremental upgrades will be required.
- Check Recommended Settings for Infusion
- Make a full backup of the existing version of the software (ie. Data, Custom and Images folders). Modify the name of the backup to include a note signifying it is a pre upgrade backup and what version is being upgraded eg IBS8460-20180512b4upgrade. All external syncing services (eg website) need to be stopped before the backup is made.
- Restart the Server or computer the Infusion data file resides on.
- If upgrading after hours make sure you have a copy of your license. If upgrading from Version 7 to Version 8 you will need to contact Infusion Software for a new license.
- Stop any services interacting with Infusion eg Customer Portal, IBS Service and restart after the upgrade.
To add a new Workstation
Follow the instructions below but do not include the Database install.
If upgrading the version, this must be done from the Server with Administrator rights. Right click on the icon and run as Administrator.
To start the upgrade Double click on the downloaded .exe file to open it. The first form is a Welcome form.
Select Next to this
The License Agreement form is next
After having read the License Agreement select the ‘I accept the agreement’ radio button if you agree with it.
From the Select Components form select the components that are to be installed.
*If adding Infusion to a workstation do not add the database just do the Workstation install.
If the "Workstation component files" option was selected you will be prompted for the folder to install these files into. Type in or browse to the required location.
If the "Database files" option was selected you will be prompted for the folder to install the Database files into.
This can be in a different location from the Workstation component files. eg a separate drive possibly on a server location. (the example above shows this as F: drive). Type in or browse to the required location.
If the "Workstation components files" install was selected the next form is Additional Tasks.
Note: If Database ONLY option was selected, go to the Ready to Install step.
Select the "Create a desktop icon" option to create a shortcut on your desktop.
Select Next to be shown the "Enter Icon Name" form.
Enter the name you want displayed with the Icon.
Infusion Setup Wizard will then prompt you to install the software.
Once the install has completed the following form will display.
If you only select the "Workstation component files" option, only the files required to run Infusion and Help files are installed (plus two Unins000.* files).
If you run unins000.exe (with the Infusion logo) it will Uninstall and de-register the install. The unins000.exe is only created when you select Workstation as part of the Install.
IMPORTANT NOTICE !!!
If you install FULL or both Workstation and Database at the same time, running unins00.exe will uninstall both the Workstation AND the Database so it is recommended that two installs are done: firstly install the Database then run it again to install the Workstation.
Requesting / Entering an End User License
Note : If you are already running version 8.3XX or below a new Licence will be required.
Once the upgrade file has been run and the data has upgraded re-opening Infusion will display the following message:
- Click OK: to open the Software License Agreement window where upon after carefully reading Infusion Software Limited Terms and Conditions.
- Click I Agree:
- The Enter License Information window will appear.
- Click Print: to either email to email@example.com or fax the License Request to 03 962 7022.
- Once Infusion Software Limited has processed the request, it will be faxed / emailed it back
Enter the License Key and System ID. Click Save.
- Your Infusion software will now be licensed for use.
If the data file is not being picked up by the upgraded data set then the path is not correct. Run the install again and double check that the path is correct.