The transaction tab on the Product Enquiry screen will display a running balance on the right hand side of the form, which shows the quantity on hand balance after processing each transaction.
No running balance is displayed for products which are non-tracked - ie the tickbox to "Track Quantities" is left unticked.
There may be instances where a Product has a balance after the very first transaction, not equal to the value of that transaction.
This can be because:
- data was imported from another system with quantities on hand not equal to the transactions
- product transactions have been purged
- errors have occurred during processing so that the Product Transactions and the Product balances went out of sync
- the tracking setting has been modified in an earlier version where there were no checks to make sure that the quantity on hand had to be zero
- the tracking setting has been modified by a Partner in Command Mode