There are a number of ways to import data into Infusion. One is through the Importing data option under the Admin menu.
A number of different types of data can be imported. View the Data Type options available under the Admin / Manage Import Routines menu to see what's available.
As a general overview there are three steps required for importing data. The first is setup of the Import Routine, the second is the preparation of the data to import and the third is the actual importing of the data.
To setup the Import Routine go to the Admin / Manage Import Routine menu.
1) In the Select a routine to modify or "create new" field select **Create New Routine **
2) Select the required data type Eg. New Customer Import
3) Enter an Import Title Eg. New Customer Import
4) Select the format the file being imported is in ie CSV or Tab
5) Setup fields in the "Fields in your import file" box by double clicking on those in the "Available Fields" section. The order of these fields from top to bottom must match the fields from left to right in the file being imported.
All fields with an * must be selected. Use the IGNORE option if a field in the file is to be ignored and not imported.
NOTE: The original document cannot have " " or , as characters in the file. Delete out any header rows
6) Select Check and Save
To import the file go to the Admin / Import Data menu. Back up your Data before doing the Import
1) Select the required Import Definition File eg New Customer Import
2) Select the Source File button and browse for the file being imported
3) Select Import
There are a number of other types of data that can be imported eg Pricebooks that require select of other import options but above gives a general outline of the process. This article should be read in conjunction with the "Importing and Exporting of Data in Infusion" document from http://www.infusionsoftware.co.nz/support/download-documentation/