The first step is to install Infusion locally onto the laptop and then restore a backup of the live data onto it.
This offline copy of the live data can then be taken to the trade show and used to process sales to the Cash Sale account. You’ll need to record the total amount received by each customer payment method for each day of a trade show, this will need to be entered into your live Infusion system later.
When the Trade Show has finished and the laptop is back in the office:
- go to Admin / Settings / Import/Export / Manage Exports and make sure the Infusion Invoice Export is selected.
- Then, go to the Import/Export menu and select Export Data. Here, select the Infusion Invoice Export.
- You’ll then see the following window:
- Here you need to enter the date range that the trade show occurred across, along with the cash sale account number. Click the Export button and Infusion will generate a .CSV file that contains the list of sales at the trade show.
- Copy the file that has been generated onto a computer that is running your live Infusion system.
- In your live Infusion system, take a backup.
- In your live Infusion system go to Admin > Import Customer Invoices and select the .CSV file that you generated on the laptop.
- Select Import and Infusion will import all of these Invoices as Pending Invoices.
Once the invoices have all been imported as Pending, you can post them all. Then, receive Customer Payments to the Cash Sale account for the total amount received through each payment method for each day of the trade show.
Note that if the Invoice numbers generated at the trade show have already been used in the live Infusion system (i.e. if the store was also trading while the trade show was in progress) you will need to open the .CSV file generated on the laptop in Excel and edit the Invoice numbers, prefacing them with ‘TS’ or something similar will be fine.