To charge out the cost of consumables to Customers a Product code should be set up in SPROCKIT as:
Product Code WC
Product Description Workshop Consumables
Retail – the price you wish to charge on each job EG $5
Latest Cost should be set as 50% of the selling price $2.50
Track Quantities Off
Sales G/L Workshop Consumables
Purchases G/L Purchases Consumables
By selling this Product code, revenue and costs associated with Workshop Consumables (eg. cleaning, materials etc.) can be tracked.
Accounting for the cost of the Workshop Consumables
Taking Stock from the Shop to use in the Workshop
- From the Service/Workshop screen create a new job called Workshop Consumables. This job will remain open and never be closed until the end of the year. Note: set the sell rate to Latest Cost
- Product taken during the month to be used in the workshop should be assigned to the job Workshop Consumables.
- This job will continue to build up during the month
- At the end of the month this job is invoiced to the shop as if it was a normal job
- Before the invoice is posted one extra G/L Line is added to the invoice. This code WC with quantity of -1 and a rate to the value of the invoice
- This will reduce the value of the invoice to $0
- The invoice may now be posted.
Ordering stock from a supplier which will be used directly in the Workshop
Stock needed for Workshop Consumables should be ordered on a Purchase order with the Job Number for Workshop Consumables attached. This will bring the item into stock and automatically charge it to the Job for Workshop Consumables at Cost price.