For various reasons transactions may not be showing in the Bank Reconciliation screen.
The following are suggested places to look before calling for help:
- Has the Payment been receipted? By looking at the audit below we can see the date of the payment, in this case it was receipted via a POS computer but has not been through the Cash up process. If it had, we would see a second line under the POS file recording the Audit number of the Cash Up.
- What date was the Payment - is it forward dated? If so delete and re-enter correctly Admin / Deleting / Delete Customer Payment
- Was the wrong Bank account or Payment type selected? Check Cashbook / Reports / All Undeposited Banking - this report will show all outstanding banking, to process the transactions go to Cashbook / Prepare Bank Deposit and select the relevant Bank Account, Banking Type and Banking Date or delete following the steps above and process correctly.
- Is your Payment part of a larger banking? Check the Daily Banking report for the date of the Payment and those surrounding it - Cashbook / Reports / Reprint a Report.
- Has the Payment been reconciled? Check Cashbook / Reports / Reprint a Report
- Was the amount included with another banking? If this is the case use the Split feature on the Bank Reconciliation screen to separate out the amount.
- Was the Prepare Banking incorrectly dated? (This will be found be reprinting your Prepare Banking Report) If so, do a Cashbook Payment dated the same date as the incorrect Receipt and a Cashbook Receipt for the correct date.
The above instructions are for locating Customer Receipts, but the same steps apply for finding Supplier Payments.